7.28.2017

#TMC17 All I Really Need To Know I Learned From The MTBoS {Graham Fletcher}

Friday Keynote
All I Really Need To Know I Learned From The MTBoS
Graham Fletcher

1. Surround myself with people smarter than me. (In your best Zoolander voice)
How do we invite people from outside of our circle?

2. Netflix adapted, Blockbuster was static. #mtbos doesn't allow us to be static.              
3. Be vulnerable.

65% of children entering primary school today will have jobs that don't exist today.

Asking for estimates gives everyone a chance to dive in. Instead of asking individually, ask for ranges of answer. Then when you're the 'loser' you have friends like you.

4. The less I talk, the smarter students sound. (I think this is a mantra for me this year as well.) How are we supposed to know what students are going to say?

5. All of us are smarter than one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment