8.10.2012

#myfavfriday Grade Book with Progress Reports


My current trend seems to be sharing websites. Today is a little different but I'm still sharing a link. I found a really nice grade book template in Excel. We had a problem with our online grade book last year - some error in calculating the different weighted grades. It was mentioned that we would go to all points instead of having weighted categories. I just can't keep a paper grade book but I think I could use this one as a 'paper' back up.

Here's what the input area looks like:

What I really love is that you can click the Student Summary tab at the bottom and print out individual progress reports. It lists the student rank, letter grade, percentage, student points, total points, and the GPA (which can be modified). My favorite is the visual- a bar graph with a trend line.


It also has a box for teacher comments as well as a parent signature line. I changed the fonts and colors to what I like so here is the link to the original file and my customized file.

There should be little text bubbles that tell you how to change or fix things. I've only used it a little bit so I may not be much help but feel free to ask.

In other news, I spent hours upon hours of my life creating this powerpoint of daily bell ringers for all 36 weeks of school. I plan to use them three days a week so yes, a total of 108 slides. They are pre-Algebra skills with probability mixed in as well as standardized test questions. I plan to use these to start class in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II since all students should be able to at least start if not complete the problems without assistance. I am trying to share it everywhere because it took so long to make that I wish someone else could have done it instead of me. So take it, be fruitful, and multiply.

Pun intended.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The powerpoint of daily bell ringers you created for the whole school year is very impressive. I love the colors and the pictures of the pencil, calculator, and binder at the top of each slide. I have been reading and rereading the book "Accessible Mathematics: 10 Instructional Shifts That Raise Student Achievement" by Steven Leinwand this summer and hope to incorporate many of his ideas in my teaching this year. The first instructional shift is incorporating ongoing cumulative review into every day's lesson. You will definitely accomplish that using the resource you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo 7th Power ... your powerpoint of Bell Ringers is amazing! Providing accessible review daily should help with the prealgebra skills! Thank you for sharing! I look forward to creating something worth sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put the pictures at the top to help remind students of what they should have on their desks.

    And thank you so much because this was many many hours of work. Please feel free to share over and over again!

    ReplyDelete