8.05.2015

Bell Ringers 2.0


Mary motivated me to finally get around to redoing my bell ringers- and I'm pretty happy with myself too. :-)

Here's the structure:


I made this template (looks better once your download it) that I have copied and hole punched on Monday mornings. lying in my green basket. Students get a new one as soon as they walk into class every Monday.



Here is the Powerpoint- 180 slides of warm-ups for the ENTIRE year.



You're welcome.

Added bonus for using chevron and a pretty handwriting font! :~\

Start the slideshow. Click once and the Mental Math Monday words disappear. Click again and the mental math problems and answers show up. I have my own hand out of the same problems that I read out loud. I do not repeat, although other students can repeat the problems.  After all 10, I reveal the answers and the problems at the same time. Here is MY handout:



Click and the next slide has a picture from Estimation180. Click again and the answer is revealed. Then just keep clicking, just keep clicking.

The answer to the balance bender puzzles are in the notes section of the powerpoint when it is not in slide show view. I plan to copy the picture from the Powerpoint onto the template each week for students as well. Also, if needed I will adjust depending on how difficult the students find them. I felt like they were all really easy. But I'm the teacher. :-)

Thoughtful Questions and Which One Doesn't Belong don't have specific answers. I also plan to cover up one of the WODB and have students create their own at some point as well.

The bottom says Weekly Wrap Up where I usually ask two random questions to try to get to know the students better.

I collect these every Friday and read them and I either stamp, comment, or doodle on their responses so they know I actually read them. I do not grade them in any way, shape, or form.

My favorite part of this whole thing is that I planned my Estimation180 pictures to correspond to the time of year and seasons it is because...well, why not? I am that awesome.

(Thanks Andrew! *waves*)

20 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Thank you so much. You Rock! Have a wonderful next school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Thank you so much for this (and letting us all download it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero!!!! Thanks so much for making this available to download! Seriously you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your awesomeness!! Bell ringers are something that I am looking to re-vamp for this school year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing! This is awesome and the chevron makes it beyond awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a bunch of these same website and was just sitting down tonight to put them all together for my students. Then I came across your post. Night complete! You are so awesome and now I can spend Friday night playing with my kids. Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having a hard time downloading the PPT, would you be willing to e-mail it to me? Thanks... THIS IS SOOO AWESOME BTW! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and my computer doesn't recognize the cute front on the template?! :-( If you e-mailed that, would it work? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would work! What's your e-mail?

      Delete
    2. nmccorma@mesd.k12.or.us

      Thank you soooo very much!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for making my life much easier next year! Now I have bellringers for all 3 preps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Just wow. I can't even believe how awesome this is. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I teach at a school where we meet every other day, and due to holidays and such, it won't always be Tu/Th/M/W/F or something similar. Any ideas on how to make this work in that kind of environment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know the exact number of days you see your kids? You could label each slide Day 1, Day 2, etc.

      Or you could just match what type you do to the day of the week...oh it's Monday so that Mental Math. You could make yourself a little checklist of 1-180 and cross them off as you go.

      I kept track by weeks since we have 36 weeks. If you have the same, then you would just pick the day of the week from the correct week of slides.

      Hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  12. Elissa - YOU ROCK!! I teach Resource Math and this is just what I needed to help motivate my students. All the links work for me to the different sites but I can't get any of your powerpoints or the bellringer template to download. Would you (PLEASE) be willing to email those to me? You have NO idea how much I would appreciate you doing that for me. I look forward to hearing back from you!! TM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tamyhra,
    Try these links to download. If they don't work, please leave your e-mail address.

    Template https://app.box.com/s/tkdwhddwftgd8oqh8r4u

    Powerpoint https://app.box.com/s/wg2i7xpptsowomcwgjopn32hq8lz1iu0

    Handout https://app.box.com/s/x5k98o5olyurcbr3g4g39j1yhx1suukw

    ReplyDelete