I wanted to share this survey in case it was something that other schools who want to implement the PLC model might find useful or at least a stepping stone to the PLC mindset.
We based the first questions on the Likert scale and then threw in some open ended questions.
- I feel comfortable with my peers observing my class
- The faculty works well together to explore skills and strategies to improve student learning.
- I am committed to continuously seeking out opportunities to improve my teaching.
- Our school has a supportive environment for students.
- Our school has a supportive environment for staff.
- Our district has a culture of trust and commitment.
- Instructors have a voice and ownership in our school.
- I value collaborative planning and sharing among faculty.
- I am willing to collaborate with my peers.
- I use the results of assessments to guide student learning.
- Our school would see improved student achievement data as a result of implementing a system of teacher collaboration and data analysis.
- I am willing to talk to faculty members about my teaching methods and my ideas.
- Staff members work together to search for solutions to address diverse student needs.
- What concerns you most about peer observation? (Open-ended)
- How can we use assessment data toward more positive outcomes? (Open-ended)
- What disadvantages do you see with collaborative planning periods? (Open-ended)