Here's the link because you should really listen for yourself. I love practical advice and this applies to personal life as well as professional life.
What is your end of summer vision?
- Eliminate unintentional breaks
-Turn off notifications
-Be intentional with your time
- Work ahead by batching without switching tasks or multi-tasking
-Only multitask when one task is fairly mindless
-School batch: first week activities, year long pacing guide, research new activities
- Use scheduling to create barriers around your time
-Work away from home
-Choose how much time you will work
-Scheduling creates urgency and focus
-If you want to turn your brain off at night, you have to write everything down
- Figure out the "main" thing and do it first
-If the main thing gets done first, you won't feel guilty for being interrupted
-If you can't pick the main thing, pick the hardest thing
- Relax your standards that only create more work for you
-If you can relax your standards without anyone noticing, your standards are too high
-Saying no to tasks that create more work, means you can say yes to things you enjoy
Consistent action gets results.
Small changes add up to big results.