3.15.2016

Geometry Unit 5: Congruent Triangles Interactive Notebook


Unit 5: Congruent Triangles



Pg 51-52 Introducing the concept of congruence statements and how order and position matter. LHP using a congruence statement to list congruent parts and a triangle that spins to match the position of the original triangle. RHP matching pictures to the correct congruence statement.





Pg 53-54 These pages are all thanks to Shireen. LHP I turned her worksheet into a foldable for deciding which types of postulate applies and the RHP I printed two to page to fit and students name postulate and write a congruence statement- one of my favorite pages.



Pg 55-56 LHP is a checklist of hints for students to use when writing proofs- I don't know how useful it is. RHP is just example proofs.



Pg 57-58 LHP reminds students of what we know after we prove triangles are congruent in order to remember what CPCTC means and when to use it. RHP very basic examples of CPCTC proofs.

Here are the files:


15 comments:

  1. I cannot access the files, but I would really like to try these! Mlshirley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I forgot to post them! lol Sorry about that. Fixed =)

      Delete
  2. Great resources! I was wondering how long it actually took you to complete this unit from start to finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apparently teach really slowly so probably 4 weeks or so. I'm not sure.

      Delete
  3. love your stuff! Going to add this URL it to my resources in a livebinder of Geometry called HS Geometry TEKS, Activities and Foldables here
    http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=1703133&backurl=/shelf/my
    if you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I love your interactive notebook, especially the triangle congruence foldable. I can't seem to find where I can download it. Do you mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you see a blue at the bottom of the post that says Box? It should list all the files and you can click to download individually or the whole folder. Is it not working?

      Delete
    2. If you let me know which ones you're missing I can give you a direct link or email them to you.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much. The only thing that I could not open that I really wanted to use was the triangle congruence foldable. my email is mathchic64@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing all of the things you have. They are very helpful and you have a lot of great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  6. My kids LOVED the triangle congruence intro - (measure, cut and compare). You are appreciated in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete