8.27.2014

Geometry Game Play


Last year I found an activity from a sample textbook series that I really like for geometry terms.

I bought foam circles from the Dollar Tree and wrote letters on them with Sharppies. Then I used magnetic tape and 3M tape to post the circles around the classroom.

The textbook even shows how to set it up.



Here's what it looked like for me:




I included the game at the end of this worksheet done in class:



It goes with this powerpoint where students were given descriptions and had to draw a diagram, then looked at diagrams and had to labeled them.

4 comments:

  1. I just did this activity this week thanks to the same textbook sample! Overall it was a hit. The only thing I ran intowas that students crowded around line CG in order to see all the points and then they were just kind of cramped up there. So I did have extra copies of the diagram in case students were getting too overwhelmed with the spacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students didn't really get out of their seat, they just stood up when they needed to see.

      Plus I had the points up the day before so they were already intrigued of what they could mean.

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great activity! My students are having trouble visualizing these things, and I think having it up in the room would really help.

    What did you do for the Draw and Label portions of your handout?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking Kayla. I updated the end of the post with the powerpoint I used. They alternated between drawing diagrams and labeling diagrams.

      Delete