11.19.2014

Algebra 1 Unit 2: Structure of Expressions Interactive Notebook

Still teaching from Engage NY curriculum but now transitioning into making my own INB pages and using their materials for handouts.





I'm confused by the way Engage NY introduces the distributive property by multiplying polynomials.


This page came from Engage NY. I really liked the concept of flow chart proofs and the students took to it pretty well.


I got this sorting activity from here and I really adore the neither column. It had some subtle differences that students had to look twice at.





 Using perimeter is one of my favorite ways to practice adding polynomials.



Another sort (my favorite!) from here, but maybe not the best idea since students can just multiply the first two terms and figure it out. This was at the end of a lot of practice so I already felt confident that students knew the process.

Here are the files:

2 comments:

  1. How can I get a copy of your INB files?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to the folder with all the files.

      https://app.box.com/s/47hvrhssrwemg26qfpgq

      Delete