8.15.2018

INB Math Tools Pocket and Fold Out Flap


I usually start off my INBs with a Table of Contents on the first page but I don't want to start page numbers until I actually start math skills.

To change it up, I created a Math Tools Pocket. On the outside I had them color. On the inside is a mathematical smartness survey and the right side asks them to write down their Delta math password and Remind code (Thanks Julie).




The above picture shows the Calculator Tips strips we used today. Anytime we have a 'tutorial' so to speak, I plan to make them on strips to store in the pocket.

Here is the file:



Fonts are Zengo and Covered by your grace.

On the back cover we tape a fold out flap so they can see perfect squares, cubes, and fourths withouth flipping back and forth. The other side talks about growth mindset.




Here's the file:


Font is Digs My Hart.

The Calculator Tips strips came from TpT and then I added some parts that I wanted. Here is the link and I just used the snipping tool and resized them to make strips.

Everyone got the two strips and then I passed out a handout for them to practice. This is also a good way to see who can follow directions and work independently.


Here is the file of just the part I added to the TpT file:



Fonts are HelloKennedy and HelloBestDay

And here is the handout:



Last but not least, for the first time I had students use pen and copy this labeling template so they know how I want all pages labeled forever. Color coded.


No comments:

Post a Comment