4.28.2016

Graphing Tangent and Cotangent


So, thanks to Twitter, mainly @megcraig, I learned for the first time how to graph tangent and cotangent.

We just finished graphing secant and cosecant so this was a natural progression. It was also farther than I made it through trig last year (yay!) so I had to learn new math so I could teach new math.

I made this Desmos activity to introduce the tangent curve.

We summarized what they figured out with some example graphs on Desmos and then we went to these INB pages of actually graphing.



Those pesky negatives can get the best of anybody.



If you haven't noticed a theme here, I'm a really big fan of windowpane graphing. Also, it's the only way I know how to graph.

Here are the pages:



And a matching PowerPoint:



No comments:

Post a Comment