12.29.2014

Organizing Your Accessories


While I have written many times about organizing tips in the classroom, I've never thought about sharing how I organized things at home.

These ideas all came from Pinterest.

I live alone in a four bedroom home so I have a 'beauty' room which is dedicated to all my accessories and getting ready. Yes, that's a thing.


Scarf Bar- bathroom towel bar and shower curtain rings that open and close (bars and hooks from Ross, rings from Wal-Mart)


Jewelry Bar- bathroom towel bar and shower curtain S-hooks



Perfume stand- plate glued to glass candlestick, both from Dollar Tree


Feather Earring Holder- painted empty frame (yard sale) and ribbn (Hobby Lobby) glued to the back in strips


Shoe Bar- PVC pipe (Lowe's) and wire hangers (Wal-Mart) cut and bent up and outwards to fit in each shoe, instructions here


Boots- I stand them on my closet shelf with empty Pringles' cans to help them keep their shape



Purses- just hung normally on a hanger but the best way I've found yet of storing them, if you have the closet space of course



Beauty Box- this like the teacher toolbox that is all over the internet, I just made it for my extra makeup and nail polish. I printed labels on scrapbook paper and taped it in each drawer. I also spay painted it black to match my room.



Dress Bar- I use this to pick out my clothes ahead of time, I've recently started picking out clothes for the whole school week, instructions here


Sunglasses holder- I hot glued clothes pins (matching ones with glitter, obvi) inside my closet to organize all of my sunglasses.



My secret to organizing things is to take note of what annoys you. If it's bothering you, it probably needs to be organized. All of these ideas came from pet peeves...knots in my necklaces, slumpy boots, broken sunglasses in the bottom of my purse, tubs of purses and shoes to sort through, broken make-up, etc. And of course Pinterest ideas!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! You are so creative - thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just wow! This is the prettiest closet/beauty room I have ever seen. I , too, have an extra bedroom just for clothes and such. But I'm not taking pictures. Now I know where to go for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete