Now they are entered into the Pepsi-sponsored Refresh Everything competition to gain funding for their documentary film. Pepsi is giving away $1,300,000 each month to fund great ideas. The project went from being rated #202 to #32 and they need help getting in the top 10 as they are in the running for $50,000.
The Teacher Salary Project's mission statement is to 'change the way society values our effective teachers.'
Here are the goals they hope to accomplish with their project:
- Inspire the public at large to take action
- Create a national town hall event for spring 2011
- Collect the largest digital archive of teaching stories
- Create a feature-length documentary film
- Engage every American in changing how we value effective teachers
Here's how to do it:
1. Go to http://www.refresheverything.
2. Then paste this web address in your browser: http://www.refresheverything.
3. Click on the "Vote for this idea" button again to make sure your vote is counted. If you have troubles, please respond to this email and let us know!
4. Continue voting daily in the month of February.